Tuesday, October 5, 2010

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

Sadly, I didn't get to write a blog entry yesterday.  It was a really busy day with taking my mom to my eldest child's school for Grandparents Day.  It was fun, but could help but feel a little sad that my children don't have a grandfather in their life.  I had to keep reminding myself that it was a blessing that my children do have at least grandmothers in their lives.  Some people grow-up never knowing their grandparents.
After getting home and making dinner my eldest started with tummy aches.  I told her to lie down and rest.  She did and seemed fine.  I then checked-up on my Facebook to find out the couple who I previously mentioned on my Thankful Thursday entry found out that the pregnancy didn't stick and they had lost the baby.  I then also found out that one of our friend's from our old neighborhood found out that their daughter is no longer in remission from Leukemia.  They found a malignant tumor on her leg and will begin treatment soon.  It's was so crumby to read all the sad news.  I just sat there and did what I could, which was pray. 
Shortly, thereafter my child's stomach ache took a turn for the worse and the throwing-up started.  Not that long after that I also joined the tummy trouble party.  Needless, to say it was a long and tiring night.  Thankfully, it seems whatever it was has gone and my younger children didn't get it. 
So, yesterday left me feeling "Blah" but as the character Chuck Noland from the film "Castaway" says, "And I know what I have to do now. I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"  Tomorrow is a new day and I have nothing but hope and faith for my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment