Friday, October 29, 2010

Where is time going?!

"They say a mother gives her children 
two things

first she gives them roots & then she gives them wings.

The wing part is definitely harder!"

Well, I have been so busy that I have been ignoring my blog even more.  I have been taking pictures for my blog and have lots of posts planned, but I just need a clear hour to do it all.  I have been really crafty as of late so expect a couple of craft posts.  None-the-less, I feel like time is going by way to quickly.  Soon my eldest will be seven and my youngest will be five months.  I recently read a post from one my favorite blogs asking her child,"Who gave you permission to grow-up?"  A lot of people don't realize who quickly time does pass by.  Hug your kids and enjoy every moment of it (even the hard ones) because before you know it, they will be grown.  However, part of it all is also learning to let go.  I have always said that when you carry your child in your womb that is the only time where they are all yours. The moment they cut the umbilical cord you have to learn to let go. Each day they grow a little more and accomplish more and you do have to "give them wings" to do it.
 
 
"They say a mother gives her children 
two things

first she gives them roots & then she gives them wings."

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Istoleal--for visiting my blog, leaving great comments, & for this post liking to me! I'm so appreciative. Here, here on your post about enjoying each (quickly-passing) day with our kids! I'm off to read about your Key Lime cupcakes.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete