Saturday, August 28, 2010

Foodie Friday....on Saturday

So I had planned to write this recipe in my blog yesterday, but I just ran out of time.  However, it is too yummy and easy not to share...plus, it isn't all that bad for you either.

This week I made the Yum-Yum Brownie Muffins featured on the Hungry Girl Newsletter.  This recipe is sooo easy and it requires only two ingredients!  You use a can of pumpkin puree (like for pumpkin pies) and a box of Devil's Food Cake Mix. 



NOTE:  I had to buy organic pumpkin.  Apparently, there is a shortage of pumpkin!  So start buying now if you make your own pies.  Bonus! I got double box tops on my box of cake!

I mixed the batter by hand.  It get pretty thick and takes a little elbow grease to get mixed.  The best part of the batter though is that everyone can have a taste and you won't have to worry about bacteria and uncooked eggs!  Once I had it mixed I poured it into the cupcake/muffin pan using an ice cream scooper.  It worked pretty well...I bet if you have one of those scoopers with the scoop sweeper in it it would come out even easier. 



After it was all scooped in I put it in the oven according to the recipe and out came these awesome cakey muffins. 
They are soo delicious and you can't even taste the pumpkin!  It's like magic!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment