Monday, August 23, 2010

You Can Quote Me on That....

I LOVE quotes and sayings.  I have signs all around my house with cute saying or inpiring words.  For example, one is above my daughter's dance picture that says, "In a world where you can be anything, be yourself."  I would like to share some of my favorites on here every once and awhile...hopefully, I can make it a weekly thing. 
Today a lot of kids started a new school year.  My eldest started first grade.  I was a little teary, but not as nearly as bad as last year.  That was full on Niagra Falls!  A lot of my friends had kids who started school for the first time.  One friend in particular mentioned that she felt like she had half of her heart was walking outside of her body and it reminded me of this quote from Elizabeth Stone:
“Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.”
This quote is so true, especially on the first day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment