Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mom, I think I am a vegan

So, tonight while we ate dinner (chicken noodle soup, warm whole wheat rolls and salad) my daughter told me she thought she could be a vegan (she didn't use that word, but explained what she meant).  She confidently said that she thought it could be easy.  I didn't tell her otherwise but listened to her.  She said Mexican food would be easy since she could just cut out fajitas and chicken.  I informed her that frijoles a la charra and refried beans usually contained pork.  She said, "Oh."  She then said she could just eat salad (salad for her is just lettuce) with Ranch dressing.  I told her the dressing was out since it contained milk.  She started to think.  She then perked up and said, "Well, I think I could do it."  She then spooned up some soup and carefully picked off the peas and green beans and spooned it into her mouth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment