Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It's What's You Put Inside that Counts

I have been wanting to watch the documentary film, Food Inc. for awhile now.  It is about what is in our food (you'd be surprised) and where it comes from (even bigger surprise).  There were multiple times that I was so grossed out.  The conditions in which our food is grown and how it's processed.  What is even more saddening is how big companies are smothering the small farmer and poisoning us, the consumer.  It also covers the subject how eating healthy is more costly.  It made me think about what I feed my family.  I wish I could afford to buy all organic, but I am going to try and make better food purchasing decisions.  I highly recommend you watch the film.  If you have Netflix it's on the Instant Queue list.  Also, if you are interested in buying local and fresh check out localharvest.org  My good friend from Fort Worth showed me this website...I found a lot of local farms and farmer's markets that I didn't even know existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment