Friday, September 10, 2010

Foodie Friday-9/10/10

Chicken Corn Soup

So my kids love three things.....corn, chicken and soup!  So I set out to find a recipe that included all three and found this recipe.  As usual, I added my own flair and changed a couple of things.  I used a chicken breast I had plus left over chicken from one of those grocery store roasted chickens.  I picked off all of the meat from the bones and had enough for the soup.  In addition to the onion I added a clove of garlic.  I didn't measure the corn; just used a whole can of corn.  I also didn't have any cream of celery soup so I used cream of chicken.  I also added some matchstick cut carrots for color.  As far as the dough balls go, try to make them as big as possible.  Pea-sized or a tad bit bigger is a good size.  They are quite tasty in the soup.  My six-year old was a  bit weary of them floating in the soup.  Other than that, it was really good and everyone had seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment