Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thankful Thursday-9/2/10

What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise. -Oscar Wild
Sometimes you can be overwhelmed by the trials of everyday things that you forget to stop and take a look around.  Blessings are everywhere....sometimes disguised as trials! 
There are days where you can get so overwhelmed with your children.  Especially, toddlers....especially toddlers who are in their terrible two's!  :-)  There will be days when my two year old will become so frustrated and cry and scream with every little thing that happens.  I feel so badly for her because I know it's a communication problem.  She is just learning more words and speaking a bit more clearly.  It's so hard for her to be patient when no one understands her.  Just think how you would feel....it would be like living France and you could only say a few French words.  The French residents would look at you and try to understand what you needed or wanted.  You are trying to tell them you are cold or hungry, but can't say the right words.  I try to remember that when my two year old is having one of those days...it's hard to try and keep your own cool and correct the behavior.  Often on those day I will call my mom and vent.  My mom always reminds me that most toddlers go through a stage like that...it's normal.  She says to look at it this way...she is normal and healthy!  So even some days are rough, I am glad that she is healthy and apparently has great lung capacity for some of those screams!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment